We work smart, and play to win. Think you have what it takes to make it on our team?
If so, you’re in the right place.
M3 Design is a product development company based in Austin, Texas. We seek Mechanical Engineers to join our team who have a proven track record of creating design strategies and guiding clients to compelling solutions; and who can make a positive impact at all stages of product development programs. The successful candidate will be passionate about applying their skills to a range of projects while evolving the discipline forward.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Design and conduct engineering analysis of complex electro-mechanical products, subsystems, and precision machines. Design responsibilities will cover all development phases from overall system level design and architecture through to the detailed design of parts and assemblies, documentation, and transition to manufacturing.
- Work as part of a multi-disciplinary team including mechanical engineers, industrial designers, electrical engineers, and software developers to develop original designs of products and subsystems. Teams will often include internal, client and/or third party team members.
- Work efficiently and professionally while adhering to project constraints including schedule, budget, and division of responsibilities and while striving meet customer expectations and deliverables.
- Contribute in development of product requirements, engineering specifications, test plans and reports, project plans and proposals, and prepare design documentation including detailed drawings.
- Approximately 10% travel may be required.
- Experience: 5+ years in product development, including manufacturing transition, with focus on precision mechanisms, mechatronics, or complex electro-mechanical systems.
- Must work well in a small team and fast-paced environment.
- Candidates shall be proficient and current with Pro/Engineer and/or SolidWorks.
- Experience with analytical tools including FEA, custom spreadsheets, MATLAB, MathCAD, and similar tools is a plus.
- Must understand fundamentals of the design, fabrication and assembly of sheet metal, die-cast and plastic components used in electro-mechanical systems including knowledge of associated high-volume tooling and manufacturing processes.
- Proficient in design for manufacturing and the ability to manage prototype material fabrication and delivery.
- Candidates shall have hands-on experience with building prototypes and test fixtures in laboratory and light-manufacturing environments. Proficiency with standard hand tools and powered shop tools a plus.
- Candidates shall demonstrate excellent written and verbal communications. Experience presenting technical information in small group settings is essential.
- Candidates shall be proficient in the preparation of engineering documentation including part and assembly drawings, geometric dimensioning and tolerancing, and revision and change control procedures.
- BS Mechanical Engineering, MSME preferred.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
- M3 Design, Inc. is committed to providing and promoting equal employment opportunities for all persons without regard to age, color, creed, disability, sex, sexual orientation, membership or activity in a local commission, marital status, national origin, political affiliation, race, status with regard to public assistance, or religion.