We work smart, and play to win. Think you have what it takes to make it on our team? If so, you’re in the right place.Check your ego at the door, because we win as a team at M3. We foster a culture of collaboration and accountability. We look for world-class talent, refined communication skills, and personal motivation in our candidates. Our open-studio environment maximizes access to our collective expertise; the right answer is always within reach. Our expansive 17,000 square foot facility has room to stretch, test, build and even skate. From our electrical and prototyping labs, to our 3D printers– M3 has the tools to get the job done right. Friday morning breakfast tacos don’t hurt either.
M3 Design is a product development company based in Austin, Texas. We seek an Industrial Designer to join our team who has a proven track record of creating design strategies and guiding clients to compelling solutions; and who can make a positive impact at all stages of product development programs. The successful candidate will be passionate about applying their skills to a range of projects while evolving the discipline forward.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- The Industrial Designer will work closely with M3’s Industrial Design and Engineering teams to plan, lead and execute product development projects and must show strong personal initiative, accountability and design leadership while embracing a collaborative approach to design.
- The successful candidate should demonstrate the ability to utilize innovative design and research processes and tools; leveraging their experience and seeking out and creating new methods that support our clients’ business goals.
- Capabilities must include, but is not limited to: leading project teams through the user research process, leading innovation workshops with key client stakeholders, leading ideation activities with Industrial Design and Engineering team members, performing ethnographic and contextual user research, synthesizing research insights to feed the conceptualization and development of products, design conceptualization and refinement, communication with clients, manufacturers and vendors.
- The Industrial Designer must be capable of presenting M3’s offerings to clients as well as to write the Industrial Design portion of proposals, whitepapers, brief articles, case studies or blogs.
- Project management capabilities including setting process, leading multidisciplinary teams, and managing schedule and budget.
- 2 or more years experience at an established design firm(s)
- Successful history of creating impactful product designs and user experiences
- Bachelors Degree in Industrial Design
- Strong portfolio demonstrating Industrial Design skills
- Ability to present credibly to clients and communicate externally and internally
- Strong visual, verbal and written communications skills for presenting work persuasively
- Product Development planning and execution experience
- Experience in a consulting environment
- Successful track record of working in and leading multi-disciplinary teams
- Experience in Technology, Healthcare and Consumer markets
- Experience in brand strategy and UI development
- Awards / Recognition
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
- M3 Design, Inc. is committed to providing and promoting equal employment opportunities for all persons without regard to age, color, creed, disability, sex, sexual orientation, membership or activity in a local commission, marital status, national origin, political affiliation, race, status with regard to public assistance, or religion.