We work smart, and play to win. Think you have what it takes to make it on our team?
If so, you’re in the right place.
M3 Design is a leading product development firm focused on Industrial Design / UX / Mechanical Engineering solutions for our clients.
Since our founding in 1996, we’ve accumulated experience in almost every industry: from delicate medical devices to large-scale, multi-system industrial equipment to consumer-centric wearables. We help our clients solve impossible problems and have launched countless products into their markets.
M3 is made of great designers and great engineers. We pride ourselves on the importance of collaboration between disciplines. We work in a state of the art design and engineering facility, complete with workshop, 3D-printers, spray booth, and testing labs. This allows us to support our emphasis on iterative design validation by creating physical representations of our designs in-house. Due to our fast paced work environment, there will be occasions when a few late hours need to be put in to meet deadlines, but our leadership very much respects work/life balance. M3 also places a strong emphasis
The Position: Senior Industrial Designer
In addition to outstanding design ability, a Senior Industrial Designer at M3 requires a high level of leadership and management skill. They will own projects, client relationships, accounts, and fiscal responsibilities, while also driving sales. A Senior Designer is expected to be a vocal strategic thinker for the M3 brand, helping to elevate it continually both internally and externally.
We are building a fresh and forward-focused design team, and a Senior Industrial Designer will be an integral part of helping grow and nurture the design group. M3 is also looking to grow our UI/UX services. Any new employee would have the opportunity to develop their skills along with the rest of the team and create physical and digital holistic design solutions for M3’s wide breadth of clients.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Work closely with M3’s Design and Engineering teams to plan, lead, and execute product development projects
- Show strong personal initiative, accountability and design leadership while embracing a collaborative approach to design
- Utilize innovative design and research processes/tools, while leveraging personal experience and seeking out/creating new methods that support our clients’ business goals
- Hands on involvement throughout the research process, including travel for voice-of-customer and ethnographic research
- Lead project teams through the user research process, and synthesize research insights to feed conceptualization
- Conduct innovation workshops with key stakeholders and ideation activities with both ID and ME team members
- Design conceptualization and refinement
- Communication with clients, manufacturers, and vendors
- Remote and in-person client presentations, with occasional travel
- Project management tasks including project scoping, leading multi-disciplinary teams, and managing schedule and budget
- Contribute original content in the form of whitepapers, brief articles, case studies or blogs
- 5+ years of experience in a consulting role at an established firm
- Successful history of creating impactful product designs and strategies
- Bachelor’s Degree in Industrial/Product Design
- Strong knowledge of design process and project management
- Strong portfolio demonstrating Industrial Design skills
- Strong graphic visualization ability
- Excellent interpersonal and presentation skills, including the ability to communicate effectively in small and large groups at all levels of a client organization
- Proven ability to mentor and develop skills in others
- Experience in Healthcare, and Consumer markets a plus
- Experience in brand strategy and UI/UX a plus
Please submit examples of work or link to your portfolio
Equal Opportunity Employer
M3 Design, Inc. is committed to providing and promoting equal employment opportunities for all persons without regard to age, color, creed, disability, sex, sexual orientation, membership or activity in a local commission, marital status, national origin, political affiliation, race, status with regard to public assistance, or religion.